Ok, so I just wired up and fitted paseo dials. Everything is working fine on them except the temperature gauge. When I turn the key to ignition the neddle just rises off the scale.

Does anyone know if this is my wiring or is the gauge broke?

Cheers

Chris

Youve missed a earth connection, mine did that when i was messing with the inlet manifold i left the earth off at the back of the mani....it wouldnt start and the temp needle shot up re-check your wiring

Youve missed a earth connection, mine did that when i was messing with the inlet manifold i left the earth off at the back of the mani....it wouldnt start and the temp needle shot up re-check your wiring

I did that last weekend :/ when i was putting a rolla mani on just check it again there and it seems to be fine. It climbs quite slowly and just goes off the gauge.

iirc you cant attach the earth cable back on to the rolla mani the earth takes a 10mm and the bolt hole in the back of the mani is 12mm you can either bore it out or attach it elsewhere......dont attach it to the firewall i had problems when i did this so i bored it out and put it on the back of the mani

it could be that the your loom has a different feed for the temp gauge and some wires need swapping around....your going to have to trace the wires on the cluster and on the the loom to see if its the right one

yeah, it made loads of clicky noises when driving i didnt have a problem with the temp gauge tho....either way attach the earth else where and see how she fares