Hey, got my Starlet GT 2 weeks back, and the previous owner said to me, keep at at 0.8 which is the same as 1 bar and the duty at 40% and turn it up to 80% somtimes if you want to go for a good drive - is this correct?

he said 0.8 is same as 1 bar as its japanese ?!

its standard turbo, HKS Actuator , FMIC, custom pipes, relocated air filter , Blitz DV

although i am to still confirm if its got an actuator as i havnt yet seen it under the bonet lol

im very sorry that my post is so blunt and you prob wont be able to help me as i know so little,

But Any ideas will be greatly apprectiated :D

ps the turbo adjuster is an "avcr actuator controller apex"

here is the bay

IMG_0303.jpg

And here is the FMIC, although its not HKS, it's just been sprayed on by previous owner

Frontcar.jpg

dont no what hes talking about 0.8 being same as 1 cause its jap lol it looks like its the stock mani under heatsheild so ull want to keep it 0.8 at the very max or ull melt a piston cause the stock exhaust mani is shit

I dont know, i assume its the standard mani , i just quickly checked outside and it does have an actuator on the mani but went to take the heatshield off but accidently snapped a bolt off so just gave up :D

but on the owners manual i have the spec list says:

HKS actuator

Custom FMIC+Piping

Blitz Downpipe - think its been removed

Apexi AVCR ( boost controller 0.8bar / 1bar

Boost Gauge

pretty sure only manifolds that let u retain the heatsheild are the stock 1 and the jam1s which are rare as fuck so am sure he woulda mentioned it if your gonna up the boost ull need a aftermarket manifold so u dont cause any engine damage id personaly stay clear of the ebay manifolds as lots of people have probs with them

well the ebay manifolds are hit and miss some people run them months some people the dont even last a few weeks so its not worth the risk if u ask me id stick with the tryed and tested manifold makers like zisco ,race-tech,wepr they cost a little bit more but atleast then u no u wont have to replace it again next month :D

well your gonna need a new manifold ( ull notice nice lil power gain with it) but to up the boost your also gonna need some form of managment so u dont hit fuel cut theres a few options with this and your best bet is to read this guide http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....mp;#entry599389.

not 100% sure on boost duty tho.

and if its a blitz downpipe u have then nah the blitz is by far the best down pipe for the ct9 turbo there also rare as crap

Just had a power-nap while it was raining and i couldnt check lol, woke up and the rain has gone i have tried to have a look as ive got 2 wheels on the curb and can see very little lol, but what i can see is possibly a stainless steel pipe that has gone yellow / goldish - if it is a blitz then it would have prob been fitted maybe 3 years ago, possibly longer ago

i dont think it is the orginal downpipe as the car is 18 years old so surely it would be very rusty and horrible?