I've had this problem since I've owned the car. It's nothing major but it is annoying!

It's almost like a slight misfire, when I'm going slow in 2nd if I back off the throttle it holds back and then stutters.

Sometimes I get it holding back slightly when I accelerate but it usually clears pretty fast.

I've got new:

Spark plugs

HT Leads

King Lead

Distributor cap and arm

Map sensor

Has anybody else had this problem or got any ideas? Would be much appreciated :)

Cheers

Luke

idile sensor timeing or needing remap maybe

Forgot to mention I've got a plug and play ECU now to so it's not down to mapping :(

Is setting the idle timing hard to do or require a specific tool?

Not sure if it's this though as sometimes it runs spot on other times it doesn't :D

Thanks for that Rore, I'll get the timing double checked.

The timing was set up by a mechanic and the problem still existed even with the new one, so I sort of ruled that one out. Worth getting it double check though :)

I did the ignition timing when it wasn't in diagnostic mode and apparently turns off some sensors it ran like shit..

The diagnostic box right near the battery live bridge te1 and e1 I think and set the idle to 800 and 10 degrees btdc and jobs a peach

not to thread hijack but if your gonna change fuel filter i got 1 here u can have cheap ;)

Thanks mate but I get most of my parts trade price :(

I did the ignition timing when it wasn't in diagnostic mode and apparently turns off some sensors it ran like shit..

The diagnostic box right near the battery live bridge te1 and e1 I think and set the idle to 800 and 10 degrees btdc and jobs a peach

Cheers :)

Pretty sure the problem isn't timing or TPS related though :)

seems like it cant be ignition related as you replaced everything.....

i`d check for water down the plug holes

check the earth of the ignitor pack

check the ignition timing with a light

replace the fuel filter

if it still plays up get the injectors cleaned

edit: what grade plugs are you using?

Putting it into diagnostic mode basically gives the car a referance point. It needs to be set in diagnostics mode for the ignition timing to be right.

Takes a minute to check with the right tools, paper clip and timing light.