is there such thing as a small but still good sub

JL make a small 8" sub, you could easily build a small enclosure for one and stick it in the corner of the boot somewhere, make sure its constructed well and to a particular cubic size and you should be fine (if the sub isn't suited to a small box then you wont get the best out of it).

I jus brought a pioneer sub and amp. Its 6x9 sort of size and shape. Basically its just the main cone of the 6x9 Lol but in a prebuilt preamped box. It fitted snug under my seat and it gives out the extra bass i needed and i was in the same situation as you.

Cooch

here is a small alpine one out it is tiny don't know what it is like though. have a look on the halfords website or some other car audio sites.
Ive heard this one and its the most poor quality sub i haave ever heard.I thought it looked mint so i asked my mate at halfords to let me listen to it when they got some in when it came out.we couldnt stop laughing.I was quite surprised as i thought alpine was a respected make.

JL make a small 8" sub, you could easily build a small enclosure for one and stick it in the corner of the boot somewhere, make sure its constructed well and to a particular cubic size and you should be fine (if the sub isn't suited to a small box then you wont get the best out of it).

This is a good idea.done it a few times for other people but as said you have to get the right sub for it to sound right.

I jus brought a pioneer sub and amp. Its 6x9 sort of size and shape. Basically its just the main cone of the 6x9 Lol but in a prebuilt preamped box. It fitted snug under my seat and it gives out the extra bass i needed and i was in the same situation as you.

Im impressed with pioneer at the moment they seeem to be making good stuff.

sorry ive written a lot its just I fit a lot of sound systems for people so i get to listen to a wide variety of different makes and models so im a bit of a geek about it sometyms.Im not really into it in my own car though which some people find surprising.

as long as i remember jl audio have always made the best subs the w7 range, (used to be wo6)

are the daddy of all subs including the wee 8 incher.

expensive though but the best

as long as i remember jl audio have always made the best subs the w7 range, (used to be wo6)

are the daddy of all subs including the wee 8 incher.

expensive though but the best

I couldnt agree more but ive just done an MTX system and now i cant decide which is better.I think they are the same to be honest.They both make the whole car flex and shake. Gives me a headache.Im just sticking with my simple fli sub.I only got that because it was with my headunit.

The little 8" JL subs are mighty powerful though.It looks so cool because of the size but the power it puts out is as good if not better than a pioneer 12".

You could put a 8" sub in the centre of The back seats on the floor.On the raised middle bit.Ive never done it but ive seen a piccy some where on here and it looks cool

I have a sony XPLOD 10" sub in my boot in apretty small box,it fits in one corner of the boot pretty well and gives decent enough bass for me. I couldn't fault my 12" sub for nice deep bass when i had it in there but the box needed for that was much bigger,i:e no real usable space in the boot! :lol:

Um, no idrees, im certainly not talking about the W7, they do various 8inch models, one of which is rather cheap (well, for a JL anyway) and would work very well as they're designed for small enclosures, im not up on their ranges anymore but it was popular at some point.

I've used many in the past as i was big into my audio, have used an RE SE12 to good effect, an Alpine DDW-F30A for audiophile quality bass etc, but for small enclosures the jl's cant be beat really.

Have you had a look at a bass tube or a one of these dinky looking things?

Also I've been led to believe that a well-ported 8" can sound just as well as a non-ported 12". Is this lies?

That dinky thing is what i was talking about befroe from alpine. im promise, you could fart more bass than that.Its not worth £130 at all.If it were a tenner id consider it.The only good thing is it looks pretty cool.thats why i wanted one.but trust me dont get it. A Fli 10" bass tube is much better value for money and it matches the starlet interior pretty well.

Sod it! Why bother with boot space?

If you are going to get the JL 8" then surley if its as powerfull as people are making out then you are gonna need a decent amp to power it...and these and cheap, or small!

I got 1 12" MTX Thunder

Gives one hell of a punch fair play :D

Full fiberglass install soon! :D

I cant be arsed with worrying about boot space....thats what back seats are for! :lol:

Sod it! Why bother with boot space?

If you are going to get the JL 8" then surley if its as powerfull as people are making out then you are gonna need a decent amp to power it...and these and cheap, or small!

I got 1 12" MTX Thunder

Gives one hell of a punch fair play :lol:

Full fiberglass install soon! :lol:

I cant be arsed with worrying about boot space....thats what back seats are for! :lol:

can get a decent small'ish amp for well under £100 these days, a small sub will only require 200-300wrms max i expect, they're very cheap these days.

can get a decent small'ish amp for well under £100 these days, a small sub will only require 200-300wrms max i expect, they're very cheap these days.

Aint bothered looking at "ICE" these days as its more hassle than its worth but i would say if your gonna buy something, buy something decent for fuk sake otherwise it wont last five minutes :lol:

Stripped out and some decent front components in custom door pods will do me :lol:

Maybe i will get a little sub to hide under the seats one day :lol: