HKS Silent Hi-Power Zaust

Hey i have a HKS Silent Hi-Power Zaust and ive got a decat etc, and its not very loud the only thing i can thing of is that it has a exhaust bung inside to restrict the noise? ive had a look down there and it doesnt look like it does, although i think its a like a 3 inch exit yet half way down the backbox it goes quite small down to maybe 2inches? is this normal?

sorry i dont have any pictures :) any help much appreciated :)

i have the hi power which is the one before the silent. Mines quiet on tickover, motorway etc but on boost it has a nice sound. Pipeworks 2.25 i think. If it had a bung you'd easily See it. Mines 4 inch exit? 3's quite small. How loud do u want it?

• 3 weeks later...

i had one too mine was not loud at all and it fell apart (was very old) a got a longlife one made up 2.5" cat back and just one box it it was only a little bit louder mate. so a wast of £276... so i got a japspeed from cam skill and it is miles better :p and louder

Remove the centre box for the HKS to be louder :) .

What he said :)

Mines got the centre section knocked out and it sounds lush, still got the cat on to and it chucks out a lovely roar :)

• 3 weeks later...

What exhuast do yous reckon is best for being quiet? I dont want some trumpet just want a nice rip at high end would you all say the silent as i was going to go for 1 of those and do you know the best place to get 1 cheap?

What exhuast do yous reckon is best for being quiet? I dont want some trumpet just want a nice rip at high end would you all say the silent as i was going to go for 1 of those and do you know the best place to get 1 cheap?