Burning alot of Oil?

Basically brought a forged engine from a member and it runs fine but ive been recently putting in alot of oil...say 3 litres a month or so.. The engine seems fine..no noises or anything just loves oil :/

Checked for leaking but theres no sign of oil anywhere!

Also spits out a bit of black smoke when i boot it but im sure this is something too do with fuel rather than oil?

Any Ideass???

Help pleasee :thumbsup:

Compression test will help shed some light, plus maybe a full gas test buy a decent garage as it will show where the leak is ie, rings, valves, valve stems ect is a far more indepth check than the compression test. How long ago did you buy the engine? Id want a refund or money towards repairs tbh if it was only a little while ago, that said its unlikley anyone would do that as its a second hand engine and theres no way to prove you havnt cuased it due to driving hard ect.

Cheers,

Done a compression test on mine and they came back all around 145 and I'm not getting any smoking or that from breather :s

However I remember doing a compression test on my mates engine with piston rings nackerd and the results were like 160, 55, 40, 70 and the breather was smoking badly.

:s

• 3 weeks later...

can i suggest one more thing u mite be suffering from bottem end oil starvation.

i had the exact same problem which lead to my big end shells going and piston rings.

my suggestion is drain off the oil take off the sump and check the oil pick up feed because mine got covered in a thick like skum like film and as soon as we

wiped it my mate got a gob full of oil and quite alot of oil came out from the top of the engine where it had be cuircalating so it may be werth checking.