painting rocker cover

Give it a good clean so its like new, key the surface back and give it a few light coats of primer then same with paint. Lots of very thin layers is better then a few thick coats.

In regards temperature think of it like this. People spray wheels with normal paint all the time and there right at the side of brakes which as 600* and above depending on use ofcourse. That rocker is barely going to see anything over 100* if that ! so make sure you prep it properly at it will be sound. Rocer on my civic has been sprayed with normal paint and looks a treat after about 2 month of hard driving with engine getting warm and cool etc.

wouldnt bother messing around with spraying them because for the same price as paint you can get it powder coated for alot less hassle and the finish is perfect :( got my n/a rocker cover done in gold for £24 :)

Just make sure they don't powder coat it inside!!!

THIS ^^^^

A know one of the origonal "Pukka performance" lads had a fall out with another in regards a built engine when a small amount of shat blasting sand stayed on underside of cover and caused an engine failure.

So if your going to get powdercoated make sure you make them aware that cleanliness is overly important.

Used Metal Magic in barnsley for wheels a few times and they seem to be good so shouldnt have a problem with keeping it clean for you.

Just make sure they don't powder coat it inside!!!

x2 on that, I know someone who had a dc5 rocker cover powder coated, the insides were done, it started to peel off, all the bits that came off got stuck in the oil pick up and blocked it, ended up starving the engine of oil and fucked it.

As above cant stress how badly and quickly an engine can fail due to powdercoat peeling from inside, its very very deadly to an engine. A good powder coater should be aware of that though so if they do spray inside demand a refund and smack them round the head with your now useless rocker cover! Lol. On a side note I've got one a mate sprayed for me in accord midnight purple and 5 years later it still looks mint! Even though im about to sand it all down and respray it a different colour lol :)

Right I'm gonna make a discussion sometime soon lol all i want is a near damn perfect finish that will last I'll see what metal magic say, but from the sounds of it think I might paint it n jus take me time, thnx for the advice have used metal magic a coupple of times for wheels no probs on my end but I've heard bad tings lol anyways cheers