Car pulling to one side

ok guys got one for you that i cnt figure out

when i accelerate the car pulls violently to the right, then wen i let off the accelerator it pulls violently to the left

ive just had the tracking done, so weather they have cocked sumthing up i dont no but any ideas as to wat could cause this?

Unless they really cocked it up, sounds like something could be loose, get the wheels off and check the two bolts onto your suspension and hub, the track rod ends are tight and also the 3 bolts on the bottom. Check both sides should only take you 30mins

Or easier still take it back to the garage and tell them it drives dangerously since you took it there and it aint right.

when i accelerate the car pulls violently to the right, then wen i let off the accelerator it pulls violently to the left

ive just had the tracking done, so weather they have cocked sumthing up i dont no but any ideas as to wat could cause this?

Have you sorted this yet?

Is your car lowered?

Have you got adjustable top mounts?

Have you got an adjustable panhard rod?

My car did somthing along those line's when i lowered it and then got the tracking done. After sorting the camber on the front wheels and instaling an ajustable panhard rod and playing about getting the arse end straightened up i toke it back got the tracking done and it was ok.

OR the people who did your tracking set the toe in/out wrong! as there are many differant variations of your vehicle with differant measurements for setting up your tracking. As i found this out the hard way!

OR maybe you need to polybush your wishbone's if you have still got rubber bushes?

It could be somthing simple or totaly differant to what i have said but i can only go on past experience.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

James.

• 2 months later...

still got this problem :) not had chance to take it bk to garage , because had no money. but gonna take it sumwere after new year. hopefully they can figure it out :/

could maybe a knackered damper have anythin to do with it? because i think they r on their way out too

still got this problem :) not had chance to take it bk to garage , because had no money. but gonna take it sumwere after new year. hopefully they can figure it out :/

could maybe a knackered damper have anythin to do with it? because i think they r on their way out too

If the bottom ball joint havent been changed in years then that will make the car pull all over like my glanza did when i took the engine out and put it back in..I changed the track rod ends for new ones and got it tracked but when leaveing the garage the car was still pulling like a bitch to the (drivers side) so i took it back to the garage thinking they have done it rong they set it back up and i got it back and took it for another spin and it still was doing it :D So thats when i thought fuck it changed the bottom ball joints and see how i get on.. do that and havent had a problem since :)

Also might sound silly but if the engine mounts are old and week (especialy the front gear box mount) when backing off the throttle it will throw the engine forward and side to side witch can make the car feel like its pulling because of the weight of the engine getting thown about if you get me...I would go for the bottom ball joint first and go from there :D

Ohh and if you've got it tracked on old track rods then you would be wasting your time always buy new ones.