Wheels... offset, et

right lads basically wheel spacings etc are confusing the hell out of me.

ive currently got rota track rs that are 16x7inch. the cars really low so on a rough road or during a u turn for instance they rub.

this i can handle as next year the car will only be used at weekends and for trck days and shows. itsgettign a few treats over winter to give it more than enough power :lol:

soooo, i want some rota grid drifts in 16x8 as its the smallest size. i know it can be done as another member has done it. just want to know firstly the meanings of offset and et (are they the same thing) and what would be best ofest/et to get for these wheels, bearing in mind i have 300mm wilwoods :/

theyll be mostly for shows as ill use the track rs for track use and the odd scoob slaying session :D

any help will be really appreciated :(

i wasnt aware someone else had done it until tonight. tbh its put me off if anything but theres not many other wheels imo that give the same look for stance. itll be white on white not going for any daft colours as i want a clean look.

thats like saying that anyone with any jdm wheel that somone else has is copying realy, theres a lot of cars on here with the same wheels, bumpers interior etc.

Why you wanna copy though?

why wouldnt he want to get a pair of rims he seen look extremely well on the same model of car he owns? everyone needs to get a bit of inspiration somewhere and im sure there is only a handful of members on here that have rims no one else has on their starlet.

this elitist attitude is just silly in the tuning world seeing as every manufacturer usually has demo cars wouldnt ye all be copying them to begin with?

Can't fit 15s over the.brakes mate :/

and Im.hoping that i shouldn't need any help with pick up and.acceleration with the work its getting done.to.it.in the next few.months.:(

Thanks for your advice anyway :lol: anyone care to.explain et and offset?