To TD04 Or Not To TD04

so basically the plan was to td04 my glanza over the nex couple weeks and im kinda hesitant to do it now. i was only gona do it on a budget. all i need is manifold and decat (toyosports mild steel) and oil line. i have actuator, tdo4, piggyback dastek ecu.

at the moment the car has exhaust, fmic, bov...

im thinking shall i jus get it up to 170ish by porting mani, decating, porting wastegate??

what would u do if u were in my shoes... its winter aswell i wna be safe and reliable.

even if that means going for the toyosports mani and decat? wudnt i need to spend a shit load on settin up the ecu??

If i was you i would definatley go down the td04 route, well worth it and because its a bit more laggy it will be better in the snow and wet etc.

Id save more money and do things a bit better , like external wastegste will hold boost better and more controlable with an ebc , you say you have an oil line but what about water? Or are you just going to loop it , then ya need gaskets etc

I spent around £1000 going td04 but thats cause i brought the best and everything i could possibly need

basically i didnt know how expensive it was to get the ecu and map set up! I've got a dastek unichip piggyback but this is gonna cost around 300 quid to setup apparently! i was hoping it would just need a slight tweek or i could run the same mods as the guy who had that ecu before me and it wud cost me like 100 quid or something. i wanted to go straight td04 now i might wait.

• 7 months later...

as every 1 else has said gather the bits first, and a good clutch and do it all properly and at the same time, there is a tdo4 adaptor kit on tggt.com cheap or wait around and you can get hold of a good second hand tdo4 kit minus the turbo for very good money.

this should help you make you mind up mate to do it

my mods and what you can get out of a td04

wepr tdo4 mani and down pipe and td04 turbo

excedy paddle clutch

walbro 255 fuel pump

tomie rrfrp

emanage blue with 3 bar map sencor

golf 1.8t fmic with custon bodge very short turbo to fmic pipe and custom s/s fmic to inlet, all reflective heat wrapped

hks high power full exhaust and fully heat wrapped

front moutn blitz filter

blitx dual sbc boost controller set to around 1.1 bar

power at the fly

DSCF5269.jpg

power at the wheels

DSCF5270.jpg