Wiper Fuse Blows When Ignition Turned ON

John,

I'll email you back just now with some pictures I have of connectors in the circuit to try,

@socks, on the EWD I have for a uk spec ep91 rhd the front wiper motor earths through pin 1 on the wiper motor connector and then to the intake manifold with a White and black wire.

The rear wiper motor earths itself through the bolts/body

Don't see why they would change it all for jdm spec, but as I say I don't have a jdm EWD

Gary

Hi Gary,

Many thanks for the email, I'l give that a go and see how I get on and get back to you.

But I still cant find where the motor is earthed on the intake manifold as I said the earth wire on the wiper motor runs back into the loom and through the bulk head and into the car so I dont know where it goes from there.

Only earth that I can see is the black & white ones in behind the kick panel.

Thanks,

John

It doesn't necessarily need to be earthed on the manifold, as long as the wire is earthed somewhere.

Easiest way to check is unplug the wiper motor connector, get a multimeter and set it to read ohms/resistance then check between the earth wire pin and a good earth on the body.

If you get an open circuit you'll no it's not earthed and if you get a high reading it could be a bad earth.

Hope this helps

Gary