Custom Grill Opinions

After my first attempt at doing a custom grill turned out to look rather shabby I've decieded to try again.

To remind you's how it's currently looking:

grillv1.jpg

As you can see the silver of the orginal grill's mount points sit behind the black mesh, mocking me, and the mesh refuses to sit flat on the right hand side!

Well, I started on the mod of the grill at the weekend, but didn't have much time so only got it half done. And I forgot to take a picture before I started:

DSC00045.JPG

The idea is to cut out all the spars in the grill, leave the oval to stick the badge back on, spray it silver, and stick black mesh to the back of it. So it should lok a LOT tidier than my previos attempt as this grill was designed to go there.

I'm looking opions on what I should do with the 'slices' that are left after removing the horizontal spar:

DSC00046.JPG

Should I leave them be, or fill them in?

If I leave them as is, should I go all chav-tastic and have lights shining out of them?

And should I paint the 'D' badge black before putting it back on, or leave it the chrome color it is now?

All comments welcome...