pretty easy mate, no need to drain the coolant but you will loose some so top up after,

disconnect the bottom hose off rad at thermostat and support it so the coolant doesnt come out of rad, some coolant will come out.. take off thermostat housing, again some coolant will come out and replace old with new..

if you have not got the thermostat yet, get a 4efe corolla one as these are cheaper but they are the exact same..

seems expensive, i buy mine for 11euro (9 pounds).. what i explained above is pretty easy to do mate.. dont quiet get what ya mean about the low mark but i presume your on about the coolant bottle.. if so it doesnt mean your low on coolant, if your rad is full then thats all the matters.. however, when your at it you could change the whole lot.. drain the whole lot out and replace with new coolant, toyota red coolant seems to be the best to go for

i bought it for 16quid, i dont have any spare coolant and it's already near the low mark <_<

is there a tutorial anywhere?

You can mix your old coolant with some water to get you by until you can get some fresh in there.

So just take off the top hose and then unbolt the housing and its inside there? i know it sounds stupid but the housing looks too small for the thermostat ive got lol

bottom hose mate, follow the bottom hose off rad and where it ends, thats where the thermostat is.. 2 nuts hold on the housing.. you can actually leave on the hose and just disconnect the sensor there then loosen the nuts, no need for sealant after cause the thermostat has a o ring that seals it up once the nuts a tightened back up

Ahh cheers buddy lol, i did have a look earier and i come back with a puzzled face, i did think that its possibly in the bottom hose but i dont know how common that is,

Will update tomorrow mid-day when i have a go <_<

ah its one of the easier jobs, just remember to top up the rad and bottle after, :p