Timing belt removal w/o air gun?? Fitting of air relocation kit

The glanza is off road for winter ans attempting to change the timing belt. Anyone know a way of getting the bottom crank pulley off without using an air gun?

Also how does the air filter relocation kit fit? i have fitted it but the oil filter is in the way, casuing the air filter to keep falling off!!

Cheers :)

Which air filter kit are you fitting Kirsty?

I won it in a raffle prize from DeanRWDevelopments on here.

Get the spanner on it properlly, cant afford for it to slip. Put the car in gear, or even better is in gear with a mate standing on the brakes, then get the spanner lined up perfect so you can get a good swing at it and give it an almighty SMACK with a big fucking hammer anti clockwise obviously :) Might take a few attemps but works, just make sure the spanners on good because you dont want to round the bolt :)

its off thanks. :-)

Easier way to save any slipped spanners is to get a socket on 2 long extensions with a breaker bar, same trick with the car in gear, brakes fully on

D

managed to do it ok, thanks. now need to try and get air filter to fit and need new or second hand front shocker. :-(

managed to do it ok, thanks. now need to try and get air filter to fit and need new or second hand front shocker. :-(

Good. And if its the kit from Dean I found that I had to trim an inch or so off the silicon hose so it sat between oil filter and turbo. As for shockers. I've just thrown two front ones away last week lol.

D

Easier way to save any slipped spanners is to get a socket on 2 long extensions with a breaker bar, same trick with the car in gear, brakes fully on

D

theres a bolt hole in the bell housing at the front thats like a flywheel locking hole.put a screwdriver in and onto the starter ring and locks the engine