Live Wire Colour

I am about to by a GPS/Laser speed camera detector, and i dont want cables to be hanging all over the dash, so i want to hard wire it.

All i need is an earth point (easily found), but obviously i also need a live wire, so i was wondering is it a specific colour, and if it isn't, how do i find one or no which ones are actually live......

Thanks

Find a switch live so it's only on when the keys are in and igntion is on. The dash clock should be a switched live. Tap into the feed for that. ;)

I thought that aswell, but there are 4 wires going into the back of the clock, whcih one is the live?

No! I said Red because thats usually the live on a amplifier and other stuff like that.. Hope that helps!

Still not overly sure, may just buy one of those circuit tester things - should do the job.....

buy a 4 pounds live tester pen.

you will want an ignition on live i presume.. in which case on the jap versions there usually yellow.

black for earth.

Yup, cheers, do you no a good place where i can get a tester pen?

Thanks

halfrauds sell them bro :p

ill check it out this weekend....;)

When i do it, ill post some pics, and let you know how i get on.......

As your car is a glanza do you think the wiring colours maybe exactly the same as in mine? (sr)