Hi Guys,

I've had my v for about 2 years and the whole time ive had it the steering just doesnt feel right imo. It feels loose or vague as if there is play in it. I changed the wheels for a brand new set which made it a whole lot better but its still there it just doesnt feel solid and accurate. I know my shockers are shot and i have a new set waiting to go on but im not 100% sure that will solve it. Its passed MOT's without play in the bottom arms being mentioned and i cudnt feel and play in the wheels when they were off the deck. The top strut mounts look as if they have seen better days but they dont look knackered. The best way to describe it is it feels like the wheels are loose does anybody have any ideas of what it might be? Im a mechanic myself and cannot for the life of me find any play in it and i dont wanto waste the time or money replacing parts for the sake of it. Any good suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

mine had the same prob i swaped to coilovers and made it alot better but still feel theres something lacking ( not sure if its cause am used to civics which handle very tidy as stock). once the misses has stoped spending ma wages on xmas presents gonna look at poly pushing the lot and prob replacing track rod ends and such as it all looks to be original so after 13 years they prob could do with a change

Yeah as far as i know mines is all original parts too and mines is a 96 lol. Its still not right though it feels to me like ball joint or track rod ends but no play at all. Its hard to explain best way i can put it is the wheels feel like there loose and gna fall off lol. I cam from a type-s civic aswell but ive been assured nothing handles like a starlet and i could tell in the summer when i 1st put new wheels on it that the handling is great but theres still that lacking and takes away from your confidence a little. Tbh i just want it sorted lol.

Yeah as far as i know mines is all original parts too and mines is a 96 lol. Its still not right though it feels to me like ball joint or track rod ends but no play at all. Its hard to explain best way i can put it is the wheels feel like there loose and gna fall off lol. I cam from a type-s civic aswell but ive been assured nothing handles like a starlet and i could tell in the summer when i 1st put new wheels on it that the handling is great but theres still that lacking and takes away from your confidence a little. Tbh i just want it sorted lol.

standard starlets are not known for great handling at all man