Well my rad fell off the mounts a while back I have gone and bought some new mounts only to find where the actual bottom rubber grommets sit that half of the ring is missing can this be replaced or is there a way around this ?

Well my rad fell off the mounts a while back I have gone and bought some new mounts only to find where the actual bottom rubber grommets sit that half of the ring is missing can this be replaced or is there a way around this ?

easiest way, get one from somebody that has fitted a civic rad as most people take this off.

if somebody has cut theirs off cleanly you could have it. (ill have a look for mine tonight if its not too dark when i get home)

it has to be spot welded to the car.

another way would be to get a civic rad kit from jezza.

then smash that mount completely off, then fit a civic rad.

What you mean your rad had to be spot welded to your car I don't think it's been cut because it's only the one is like it and the radiator is sat pissed as can be it's the one on the passenger side is a civic rad mounted any different I'm a bit confused ? :@

this bracket is spot welded on.

people have to remove it to fit a Civic radiator (which is a common upgrade)

the way i see it for repair you have two options

Option 1.

Put a wanted thread up asking for the bracket that is broken.

many people have removed this part to fit a civic radiator. you could get this bracket from them

remove your broken one, and spot weld their replacement onto your car as the standard one is.

this allows you to retain the standard radiator, and has a low cost.

Option 2.

As i said, the bracket that is broken is removed to fit a civic radiator.

if you snap this off entirely. you can buy a civic raditor mounting kit from JD Tuning and install this.

This will allow you to fit a half size civic raditor to your GT.

This will give an improvement on cooling, and allow more space if you ever deciede to upgrade your turbo

(it also makes getting to the oil filter a lot easier).

this however will be more expensive as you have to buy a civic raditor, and kit

i hope i have made that clear.