well as far as im aware toyota never made a 4efhe, they did a 5efhe which was in the sera and cynos which was a 1.5 version of the 4efe, with slightly uprated cams, higher compression, a 4efte inlet mani and throttle body, and a 4-2 manifold with a 2-1 downpipe. this was a 108 bhp engine.

i attempted to fit this engine into my car earlier this year, and found out that it would need rewiring due to the idle and distributor set ups, if you really wanna go for a n/a conversion with little hassle go for a 5efe. it is basically a longer stroke 4efe engine and it uses basically the same electrical set up.

Rich.

surely if you get a 5e fe you could make it a fhe by putting a different head gasket to raise the compression and put an fte manifold and have the throttle body rebored and get a performance manifold from america as you can get loads out there and possibly work with a 4e too ????????????? :D :angry: :huh::D:lol::D:lol:

surely if you get a 5e fe you could make it a fhe by putting a different head gasket to raise the compression and put an fte manifold and have the throttle body rebored and get a performance manifold from america as you can get loads out there and possibly work with a 4e too ????????????? :lol:  :lol:  :angry:  :huh:  :D  :D  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well, if you wanted to make yourself a 4-5efhe, you could do it, it'd be a bit of a hybrid.. i have no idea how driveable the engine would be... or if it would even make a difference!

your best bet in doing this would be, get a 5efhe head (this will have the uprated cams you need), get it skimmed to give the higher compression,get yourself a 4efte inlet mani, and throttle body if you could find a way to rewire it, but i'd just stick with the 4e one,then get a 5efhe exhaust mani and downpipe an ther you have it! some kind of 4efe/he hybrid!

ive had the fhe exhaust mani on my 4e and it lost too much back pressure, so probably not a good idea if your not pushing up the power.

not really worth the agro in my opinion.

Rich.