quaife diff in an N/A box

what do you guys think?

took my car in to have the quaife fitted and and found out that the diff i had in there had a 6 bolt final drive, which after doing a bit of research meant that i (for some reason) had an n/a box on my glanza :S

the question is, would the 8 bolt quaife be fine to just bolt to a glanza final drive and stick back in the box????

I have seen this posted before on TGTT, your right in saying the bolt pattern is different on the N/A compared to the turbo version. So you mean just get another 8 bolt final drive gear ring and then put the quaiffe onto that and back in the box?

I cant see why it wouldnt, but i guess you wont know until you compare it ;)

I have got detailed pics of fitting my quaiffe, you can check my final drive gear and compare ;)

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showth...rket-Quaife-LSD

I put that together, hope it will help you compare the two.

Craig

what do you guys think?

took my car in to have the quaife fitted and and found out that the diff i had in there had a 6 bolt final drive, which after doing a bit of research meant that i (for some reason) had an n/a box on my glanza :S

the question is, would the 8 bolt quaife be fine to just bolt to a glanza final drive and stick back in the box????

lol, i think it was me that posted the topic over on TTGT aswell bud ;)

i found out that due to me having the 6 bolt pattern, it could either be an N/A box or one from the early gt's!

the mechanic who has my car had a glanza final drive lying about, so bolted this to the diff and managed to put the gearbox back together ;)

hasnt test driven it yet as im waiting for my flywheel to turn up but seeing as though the box is back together, i cant see it being much of a problem really :D

the dicovery possibly helps the n/a owners out knowing that in order to have an lsd, all they would need do is get an 8 bolt final drive with the same amount of teeth as there original and bolt it to an aftermarket lsd :p

will find out for definite after the test drive but it might be possible :p

• 2 weeks later...

ep91 is just the chassis code mate, do you have a turbo? if not the final drive (which is basically a cog with bolt holes) in your box i am assuming will only have the 6 bolts like mine instead of the 8 you need to be able to fit the quaife

does that make sense? lol