bonnet latch thingy with that brace ....................

hi guys, well fitted a fmic to ym car and i re attached the bonnet latch up nice n tight but now the bonnet wont close its a ba*tard! BUT..............i did take that brace thing that goes from the latch down to the chassis bar off (i did not think taking that off would do anything to be honest as its as flimsy as they come and made of bloody tinfoil - is this needed to make sure it shuts right so it locks in? or could it be something else like the latch being f*cked? i am gonna go underneath today and have a look, any thoughts anyone? thanks all - mat :)

pur the brace back on and all will be well. the top bar whoch the latch is attached to flexes quite a bit when not supported which stops the bonnet closing :p

cheers man! cleared that right up i thought i had messed the bonnet latch up! cool, well i got a bolt thats broke off in the bottom of the brace in the chassis bar so i will drill that out later and use a tap and die set to re cut the threads and put it back on, cheers fella! :)

:p

hi mate, as i am in the building trade i was able to get a roof support bar (not very haeavy at all but very very strong about 5mm thick) so i cut it with angle grinder and drilled the holes out and it sits neat as you like and is a hell of a lot stronger than that thing toyota give you ;)