dump valve not working since fitting FMIC............stumped!

hi guys, hope everyone had a good a christmas as i did!! anyways, before christmas i fitted a fmic and i have put the dump valve back in the same position it was before (kinda whats shows in the picture) not my pic but its the same......anyways my blitz bov now refuses to dump and i get a lot of chatter (which sounds nice lol) i have had my dump valve off, cleaned it and made sure the piston was not sticking, i have checked all the pipes and the pipe to the inlet mani is still sucking air in...........bit stumped now as i really cant figure out why it is not workin! anyone else had this problem before?

oh i ran over a rock and it split my decat and i noticed straight after that my dv stopped working but have since bought a new decat and had it fitted...........

my set up is kinda whats in the picture below with the dv in the same position etc (oh by the way i do have a filter relocation kit to the front bumper its not shown in this pic :wub:

any ideas would be much appreciated :wub:

2331094430103389187S500x500Q85.jpg

Have you tried lossening off the bolt on the spri g to relieve some of the tension on it ?

Hi mate yeah I have tried loosening the spring right back to lowest setting and then driving and tightening it up but no difference, can hear the spring click when I really loosen it too :wub:

Have you tried lossening off the bolt on the spri g to relieve some of the tension on it ?

Hi mate yeah I have tried loosening the spring right back to lowest setting and then driving and tightening it up but no difference, can hear the spring click when I really loosen it too :wub:

Are you sure none of the FMIC piping was damaged? Have you double checked for any boost leaks?

Hi matey, yeah the next day I got under the car and have double checked since that all the piping is ok and all the clamps are tightened as I got paranoid about hoses blowing off lol all is as it was when I put it on :wub:

as idrees said check your piping for boost leaks, do you have a boost gauge? what boost dose it say and what do you have it set at

Hi mate for the moment I have it set to 11 psi my boost gauge is reading -20 at standstill which it was doing before and the car really seems to be boosting fine tbh just a little more lag but I think that's due to the fmic :wub: worth it tho :wub:

yeah check all the pipework and hoses for splits, is the vacuum pipe ok?

if all is ok have you got another dumpvalve you could try??

by the way thats a pic of my old Starlets engine bay :wub:

Hi mate I did have a very very small split in the pipe running to the inlet mani from the dump valve so I replaced it all and I thought that would of cured it but to no avail,, think my mate has a spare dump valve off his rs turbo so I might whiz round his in a bit and ask him see if that helps :) lol this one has really got me stumped :o

P.s thanks for the pic lol, small world I found it on google! :D:wub:

by the way thanks for the replys everyone,, I forgot to mention that does anyone know about the pistons on blitz dd dump valves? It does move but it's kinda stiff....you have to give it a bit of force with your finger to move it, are they meant to move freely or meant to be kind of stiff?

you can get different springs for the blitz, some are stiffer than others.

it should be fairly hard to press in with your finger.

give another valve a quick try and see if it still does it, what sort of boost are you seeing, can you hear any sort of air leak whilst driving?

you can get different springs for the blitz, some are stiffer than others.

it should be fairly hard to press in with your finger.

give another valve a quick try and see if it still does it, what sort of boost are you seeing, can you hear any sort of air leak whilst driving?

hi mate, i have took it apart tonight and gave it a good clean and re grease, i am seeing 11 psi which i set on my actuator untill i turn it up, dont think there is any air leak while driving just the noise of the fmic and the front mounted filter sucking all the air in :wub: will put it back on tommorow and let everyone know :wub: am seeing my mate tomoz so i will borrow one of his and try that one too, i can press the piston back in - like you said its farly hard to push in with my finger :)

• 4 weeks later...