engine cranking problem

right chaps been round at quadcorecraigs allllll day today trying to fix his engine for some reason the engine wont crank over electrically or manually, manually as in puting a bar on the end of the crank nut and trying to turn the enine by hand however with no joy.

so we took the cambelt of the cam pully to see if the bottom end had seized turnd the crank and sweet as a nut very smooth as it should be so the thaught ok lets check the cams are spinning freely in the head so put a rachet on the end of the cam pully gave it a turn and agin sweet as a nut however when we put the cam belt back on so it can all be tuned together not a chance in this life time would it turn over?? im stumped any help would b great its not even my engine and its pissing me right off lol

cheers dale

did you check to see if the oil pump was turning freely?

it wouldnt take much to jam that up tight and would explain why u can turn crank and head over separatly but not when cambelts on it all. thats really the only think i can think of, other than that im all out.

good luck with it otherwise :)