hi

got a new rrfpr

just wanted to what pressure should it be at for 0.8bar ??

and should that pressure be set at idle ??

i know there is no point in putting one on at 0.8bar but i am just putting it just now and when i get my emanage i can change it

also what pressue should it be at for 1.0bar ??

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

For 1bar boost and below id set the rrfpr at 3bar, that will keep you running slightly rich, untill you get the emanage mapped and have wideband equipment installed to lean it back a little bit ;)

Keep it slightly rich, dont want detting do we :p:p

For 1bar boost and below id set the rrfpr at 3bar, that will keep you running slightly rich, untill you get the emanage mapped and have wideband equipment installed to lean it back a little bit :p

Keep it slightly rich, dont want detting do we :p:p

cheers for the reply ragger

but its all like another language your saying to me

what do you mean by running rich ?? is that bad or good ?

and what is detting ??

sorry for sounding like a dumb ass ;) lol

but lots to learn about these machines

also when you said set it at 3bar is that setting it at idle ??

cheers

No worrys bud..

Set the fpr at 3BAR on idle, some people tune them with the inlet manifold vacum pipe on, some tune it with it off.

I set mine up with the vacum pipe attatched.

Basically, Its allways better to run slightly rich on a turbo,

When the turbo boosts up, it basically uses alot more fuel so it will lower the pressure, it will be rich under normal throttle for example, but as soon as the turbo starts boosting up, it will use slightly more.

As Sicaln said, Rich is over fuelling,

Lean is under fuelling..

Youre more prone to damaging engine internals if youre underfuelling (Running lean)

As that will help create Detonation... You should be able to hear the engine "detting"

It would make a very light, almost tinny knocking noise.

If you run MEGA rich, it will start a process called Borewash. Basically the fuel isnt being burnt off and damages the bores...

Youre highly unlikely to ever have borewash, As you need to be chucking UBER fuel into the engine.

Detonation is the main thing to watch out for with these , if your running standard engine internals and youre raising the boost levels past the Fuel cut level.

Thats all simplified, You can go on a site such as wikipedia to look up the terms more indepth, Borewash & Detonation etc...

I have been running my hybrid ct9 turbo, with the standard ECU under fuelcut level (0.8BAR boost) for over 4 months, I have only just got around to buying a piggyback ecu to sort my fuelling out properly. All that time ive been running 3BAR fuel pressure just fine.

An easy way to keep an eye on air/fuel ratio levels is to invest in a "wideband" kit.

Most consist of a gauge/led display box / Wideband Lambda Sensor which goes into your exhaust system, after your turbo & all the wiring needed.If you fit one of them, it will help you keep an eye on if its running too lean, rich etc.

Also great if you plan on fitting an ecu and tuning it yourself.

Hope some of that helps bud

cheers for the info guys greatly appreciated !

also what difference does it make on having the hose on or off when adjusting the pressue ??

my mate just fitted one of these but sure about the pressure he said

he gets a pop from the exhaust when he comes off the throttle

also when he is giving some power in the rev range 5-6k then comes off the power (ie changing gear)

he sometimes gets a blast of flame from the exhaust ??

i am not sure if this is bad for the engine or is that fine ??

any help will be great

cheers

Alot of startets spit little flames..

Mine does sometimes.

Its just the unburnt exhaust fumes, igniting from the heat :p

Looks good huh lol

Setting with the vacum on or off is a personal choice.. Lots of discussions about wether to set them up with the pipe on or off. Shouldnt make much difference to be honest bud.Just let the car idle with the fpr gauge fitted, and tweak it untill it reads about 3bar on idle. Job done untill you get it mapped :p

Alot of startets spit little flames..

Mine does sometimes.

Its just the unburnt exhaust fumes, igniting from the heat :p

Looks good huh lol

i actually crap myself when i seen it happen for the first time!! :p lol

i thought he blew his engine up or something

but it does look good tho

so i take it does harm the engine in anyway then except from melting his bumper lol

lol no i would doubt its damaging any thing matey, probably a combination of high fuel pressure, aggressive fuel map on the ecu etc.

Thats why it does it on downshifts on the gears etc, dumps fuel and ignites it lol.

Looks hardcore :p