Engine management light

Well i am away to put my car in to get a diagnostics check done.

The ABS light came on a while ago but thats not whats bothering me.

Three days back i was doing a spirited bit of driving (nothing over the top) and my engine management light came on, i arrived at my girlfriends house and turned the car off left it for an hour or two then went to drive home and the management light had disappeared.

Anyway last nite i was driving about and it came on again :( car seemed slightly slower on pickup when light was on.

Finally drove to work this morning and no light again and pickup is back to normal.

Any ideas what this mite be as i am dreading what i mite get told after the diagnostics ???????

If you briage TE1 & E1 on the diagnostic port in the engine bay you can do your own diagnostic test its a doddle to do.

If it flashes 3times then 4times then that gives you code 34 which is fuel cut..He's the link on how to do it

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showwiki.php?title=EFI+self-diagnosis+system

Thers a few things that could sort it out t an uprated actuator orr boost controller if you can aford to buy both even better if not the actuator will do..Aslong as you keep boost pressure under 12psi then you shouldnt hit fuel cut...If you have a look about on here theres lots of info about fuel cut so you have an idear what its all about

if its fuel cut, you feel a sharp jolt and the EML comes on :(

and to get it fixed, get an uprated actuator to wind the boost down a little or get an uprated fuel pump, fuel pressure reg and fcd then setup on a rolling road if you want to raise the boost a bit! but only providing you have all supporting mods ;)

Awryt klkl so uprated actuator is a defo, will it be doing the car any harm if i am running about with it hitting fuel cut ?

And how easy is it to fit the uprated actuator ??

Sorry for all the questions bit of a noob with fuel cut and stuff

lol, its not good to be hitting fuel cut mate otherwise we would all be doing it ;)

have a little search mate, fitting one isnt to difficult just a little fiddly :( you have to get the length of the arm right in order for it bring your boost down a bit

It can do yeah ringland failure in most cases!!!..If you have an open air filter on that wont help!!! putting the stock air box on will help provent the turbo from boost creeping...Also if you own a glanza and have removed the 1st 2nd boost restriction that wont help eaither so puting the pipes back to normal would be a wise choice.

And no fiting an actuator is a doddle aslong as you have a boost gauge to montor the boost there is a guide some where on here showing how to fit one

sounds like your getting close to fuel cut mine used to do the same in this weather

Before i got my FCD in the cold mine used to bounce of fuel cut all the time and i knew when i was getting close to fuel cut because, the EM light would come on and she started holding back.

Edited by B11G KY

Mickey boy i have the glanza and it has the 1st and 2nd gear boost restriction removed but it was done when i bought the car, how do i pipe it back up ??

Photos would be ace.

Also i have an Rx-7 tmic on, do u think if i put the standard tmic back on i could solve my fuel cut prob ??