4 bloody doors, wtfs wrong with manufacturers

looking in banzai all the little hatches have 4/5 doors....2 doors looks soooo much better.

the norris evo, great. all the "jazzes" etc would look loads better. even the rx8 has 4 doors.

talking of banzai, its turning rubbish, what is tht peice of crap yaris thing doing in it! belongs in fast car

ahh thtsa better rant over

TOm

Yeah, that pink Yaris is a bit Max Flower, Banzai is a tuning mag, and that Yaris is running standard engine other than an induction cone :)

Can appreciate the effort she's put into it though.

Banzai is a "japanese tuning" magazine.. i cant see how shes tuned it with just an induction cone and some shiny bits lol

again, i appreciate the work gone into it, but that kinda work belongs to a certain type of magazines. :lol:

Just have to say the front bumper on that Yaris in banzai is BRILLIANT!

As for the 4/5 door thing the reason is this...

Back in the day of the starlet the small car was small. They all were. The corsa, fiesta, clio, starlet, etc. had next to no rear leg room. Because of the size the manufactures had probably assumed that rear passengers wouldn't be taken in the back that often, as if they had to be the driver would have bought a bigger car.

These days manufacturers have caught onto the fact that if you make the car taller the seating position is more upright, meaning there doesn't need to be as much leg for the passengers to be comfortable. Because passengers are more comfortable in the back even small cars can now be used for taking rear passengers. And as it will be more likely that someone will by a small car AND take passenger the owners will prefer 4/5 door cars - leading to the trend of fewer cars now coming in a 3 door model.

Personally I think the new, taller cars are great. There is loads of room in my YRV. It's never gonna make a great track car, but I'd rather get a GTT for that purpose anyway.

The way the manufacturers see it if you want a fun drivers car where you won't be upsetting the balance by putting someone in the back - you can buy a roadster.

• 2 weeks later...