First full re-build , parts needed , help needed :)

hello, right buying my first ever starlet at weekend with a ep91 engine installed. apparently the bottom end is knocking. never has anything to do with these cars/ engines , I've done some research and found some info but would like abit more.

im going to do a full rebuild , with as many new parts as i can find / afford

i can seem to find any standard parts to rebuild my engine with ? has anyone got any links

has anyone got any used/new parts they are willing to sell?

can some one provide me a torque/spec sheet please ?

what safe power will standard internals hold?

how long would you run the engine in for?

thats everything i can think of at the moment , if anyone has anything to share they think il need please let me know.

thanks alot!! looking forward to driving and playing with my starlet

Dave

For a basic full rebuild you'll need:

Bearings

Piston rings

Engine gasket set

Oil pump

Water pump

Timing belt kit

Headbolt kit

As its knocking you'll also need to have the crank ground from an engineers firm. They'll measure the crank journals and tell you what size bearings you require too (usually 0.25 or 0.5mm oversized). If the crank has been ground before your machine shop may recommend a replacement, they'll also text it for any cranks and if it's cracked then definitely get a replacement. Also get the machine shop to clean up the block and head, and have the bores honed/deglazed.

We can supply all the parts you'll need.

Have you worked on any other engines before? That would really help. If this is your first build then make sure you carry out enough research and read up what you need to know before building the engine.