for anyone rattle can spraying...

this may be me just wandering through life and not noticing things, but I have had a revelation!!!

I have, in the past, done a fair amount of rattle can respraying, everything from body trim to a full daihatsu fourtrak (wrist cramp like a teenager watching a saturdays video after that one lol) and although I could get a fairly good finish I always ended up with the odd patchy bit, or lines showing through where the coverage isnt even...

then I came across there:

http://www.graff-city.com/product_info.php?products_id=633

kobyelofatt.JPG

basically these caps (lots of other varieties are available through the posted website, and others I imagine) give a 3 - 4 inch spray when used to replace a standard nozzle.

on some cans with different valves you might need one of these adaptors too...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370282704651?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

!Bd1bef!!2k~$(KGrHqUH-CkErgHyK7pmBK6sBPsUW!~~_35.JPG

(some cans have male valves, some female)

anyway reason I'm mentioning this isnt because I'm on comission, although I'm sure it seems that way, its just I never knew any form of alternative cap ever existed, you can go right down to pencil thin lines if you want, and for a pack of ten its under 3 quid!!!

the result when I did my bumpers this weekend was amazing, at least 4 times quicker as the coverage is so much larger, no streaks, no runs as you don't need to keep 'joining' lines of paint up and overlapping...

I really really really cant recommend them enough they made it better, easier, quicker, just awesome!!!

and then to ruin it all, heres a picture of my car...but you get the idea, it may be grey bumper paint, but its not patchwork and streaky :p

IMG-20120324-00260.jpg

IMG-20120324-00256.jpg

yep another good tip yeah normally leave them in hot water or on the dashboard vents with the heater on hot for a few mins! i know i was painting a matte colour this time, but people underestimate the finish you can acheive :)