Tablet, Anyone got one?

Hey

i want to treat myself to a tablet, which do you guys recommend?

requirements:

-must have a decent cam on the back with flash

-deal with powerpoint/word etc

-10" screen

-standard usb port

- well built

-good performance

im going to be using it at uni and home mainly so not sure on if i should look at one with 3G?

Asad

Get an iPad. They do pretty much everything you need. Except for a decent camera. but then if you have a camera in your phone or an actual camera. are you really gonna use a tablet for anything more than a quick snap/video calling?

It depends on what your WiFi availablity at uni is?

Also does your phone allow you to tether a connection to its 3g connection?

Edited by TrisK

the main reason i want a good cam is so i can take photos of certain lecture slides which the lecturer hasnt added to the handout instead of writing it all out = effort..lol

wifi is excellent at uni as is at home, i have a 3GS so not sure if i can? this will be upgraded next year to god knows what..

im leaning towards android atm....i dont like the hold apple has on there products i prefer freedom to do what i like and plug it in where ever i want..also the new ipad doesnt have a usb port so it rules it out from me

I have a asus eee pad transformer. Its great as a tablet and its even better when i attach the keyboard because it has a battery built it.

/>http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-Transformer-Android-docking-keyboard/dp/B004TB0EXY/ref=dp_cp_ob_computers_title_3/278-4926728-2287657

IMO id stay away from IPads mate very very over rated your better off with an andriod tablet. They tend to run fast have less issues and the majority off apps you will pay for on the istore are free on the andriod market. Your right on what you say with apple and the hold on their products things you can do with an ipad is also very limited and over priced. the famous i infront of everything from apple is purely a gimic to allow them to charge so much more for an inferior product and like they fones they are likely to suffer from lots of issues and break downs. Also ive been told a new andriod platform should come out this year which will pretty much be the berries!

IMO id stay away from IPads mate very very over rated your better off with an andriod tablet. They tend to run fast have less issues and the majority off apps you will pay for on the istore are free on the andriod market. Your right on what you say with apple and the hold on their products things you can do with an ipad is also very limited and over priced. the famous i infront of everything from apple is purely a gimic to allow them to charge so much more for an inferior product and like they fones they are likely to suffer from lots of issues and break downs. Also ive been told a new andriod platform should come out this year which will pretty much be the berries!

1. What benchmarks are you using to make speed comparrisons?

2. Less issues? How many major bugs have been recorded in IOS/Android?

3. Example of these apps that are free to andriod, but paid for iOS?

4. What issues and breakdowns has the iPad suffered from?

Decided to wait on the asus TF700, whats the wifi like on that ^? Heard they have gps and wifi issues

Yea there was a little problem with the gps when i wanted to check in on fbook but the update came out and its sorted. wifi is great i have a N router at home and its pretty quick, when im out and about i connect it via my htc desire.

All apple products are very overrated and overpriced. A prime example of a paid app on istore which is free on the android market is the BIGGEST SELLING handheld playable game ever.....angry birds. Apple's software is so locked down and controlled it's unreal, much better off with that galaxy tab.

seems to be loads of people ranting/upset about having little to no wifi signal with the prime....^ interesting that you say it works fine

agree on the pricing and the hold apple has over its product and linked things, cant comment on anything else tho...

1. What benchmarks are you using to make speed comparrisons?

2. Less issues? How many major bugs have been recorded in IOS/Android?

3. Example of these apps that are free to andriod, but paid for iOS?

4. What issues and breakdowns has the iPad suffered from?

1. I never said anything about speed comparisons i said they run fast! not faster please learn to read.

2. I am not talking about bugs or specifically the Ipad im talking about in relation to iphones which are notoriously unreliable.

3. Examples of apps? Almost all games apps on ios are charged at 59p whereas free on andriod my friend I know this as my mrs has iphone and regularly downloads games I have on my android.

4. As i said above if you took the time to read my post correctly I said they are LIKELY using this word i was protecting my statement from comments like yours. Also the reason for starting my post with IMO is for the reason of exactly what those letters stand for factual or not it is an opinion that we are all entitled to. Any one who really knows technology will agree with me that apple technology is over rated and overpriced. You pay for the badge which is merely a gimic.

Edited by StuDoc 72

1. I never said anything about speed comparisons i said they run fast! not faster please learn to read.

2. I am not talking about bugs or specifically the Ipad im talking about in relation to iphones which are notoriously unreliable.

3. Examples of apps? Almost all games apps on ios are charged at 59p whereas free on andriod my friend I know this as my mrs has iphone and regularly downloads games I have on my android.

4. As i said above if you took the time to read my post correctly I said they are LIKELY using this word i was protecting my statement from comments like yours. Also the reason for starting my post with IMO is for the reason of exactly what those letters stand for factual or not it is an opinion that we are all entitled to. Any one who really knows technology will agree with me that apple technology is over rated and overpriced. You pay for the badge which is merely a gimic.

1. well i dont know why you would mix a list of comparisions and statements. thats poor english, especially from somebody accusing somebody of not reading. it is difficult to understand a wall of text with little puncution or spacing

2. I have had iPhones for years and so have a lot of my friends, and had no problems. Apart from broken screens, but that is always from somebody dropping the phone.

3. The reason you pay for most if apples developer platform is much more locked down, to ensure a quality of applications. has the downside of making some apps cost 50p. its a cost im willing to pay to have an appstore that is heavily vetted to ensure quality and stability of my apps.

4. So really you made the post with no conviction or facts at all? apart from your own dislike for apple products. I work in IT, as do other memebers on here (socks etc) and I know I and him have iPhones and other apple products. Apples technology is priced that way from the money they put into UI and the fact that stuff just works. Especially for me working in IT, its nice to have logical stuff that just works and in that respect Apple is great for the home market.

Edited by TrisK
  • 1 month later...