Another Sugar Cube Question!!!

I am getting the same gear change crunch as many others. Went to check the gearbox i got with the car and the cube looks like this...

IMAG0469.jpg

Same as the others ive seen..

But looked on mine with some 'no look' picture taking and mine looks like this!!!!

IMAG0470.jpg

Whats that about??

Missing cube???

help!

what year is it? ive only ever seen the metal cube (can be turned over) and the plastic "cap" (cant be turned over).......never seen just a metal stump....interesting ^_^

what year is it? ive only ever seen the metal cube (can be turned over) and the plastic "cap" (cant be turned over).......never seen just a metal stump....interesting ^_^

Actually you're right enough, is the "stump" as Asad put it making contact with the bit which has the wear mark on it, if not then the cube is missing! I didn't look at it properly earlier and it doesn't look like it's making contact.

Must be the way it is then unless someone else can shine some light on it, the "stump" looks fatter so we can assume its the way it is both my na's 96 + 97 had the plastic one

Change the gearbox oil to see if it helps, another quick little thing you can before fitting another box....but as above its probably the syncros