EBC Green Stuff Pads + OEM Discs

This do-able? I feel my brakes are coming to their end now. There is a small (!) warning light coming on when I brake. It did it in my first year of driving and, while at college, figured it was brake fluid needs topping up. Thus I topped up the fluid and all was fine until a few weeks ago. Fluid checked and all is hunky dory there, so it must mean my discs/pads are lifeless.

I am guessing that due to this light being on, I am progressively becoming paranoid about my brakes (that said, doesn't stop me covering about 1000 miles with this issue...) and I feel like they will just fail on me any day now.

When I bought the car Mikey left me the original brake discs as they were reasonably new. They are still in the box in the garage, and have been since I bought the car (a little over 2 years now). I will most likely replace the pads with something descent, as good pads are cheaper than buying good discs and pads. I have next to no monies at the moment, so the cheaper option would be to pop the standard discs on and get new pads, and then later this year look at getting uprated discs and replace the pads again (most likely along with uprated rear discs and pads as I am running GT hubs).

Can anyone shed some light on this, or maybe tell me, for real, that I am panicking over nothing and they most likely have life left. They stop me, i'm just paranoid they might not.

the extra fluid you put in will come out again when you compress the calipers back......just means theres little meat left on the pads....check and replace :)

If you had to top the fluid up its usually because theres a leak, or your brakes are worn! And i would have thought you would have checked your brakes yourself before asking this question, just see if the discs are worn, lipped etc and if your pads are low?! :rtfm:

Pads would be good on standard discs, dont need fancy discs to run greenstuff pads

• 3 weeks later...

Reason I haven't checked myself is mainly because of time. On the upper hand, I have the original OEM discs in the garage, and I have got some nice new OEM pads from work too. this will tide me over before I can afford big boy toys. They will go on when I put my other wheels on.

On a side note, are Paseo and Starlet discs and pads the same size etc? Same parts? Or are they different, but fit?

Also, no need to check my shoes, I don't have any anymore. Discs on the back ;)