Hi folks, I'e joined up after getting the nod of Scuth (I think that was the name) on TOC where I wasn't getting much joy.

Anyhoo, Basically a mate ordered a glanza for me and the exporters sent the wrong car, negotiations have just started so we're not sure whats happening with it yet.

The car they've sent is far from perfect, one of the problems being a tear on the drivers seat, which you might be able to see in the LHS bolster in this pic.

CIMG7364.jpg

Is this cream "leather" type of interior rare or quite common and would anyone be interested in a swap for some normal material type seats? I'm not 100% sure whats happening, just checking out options at this time

Cheers

Welcome to the club <_<

I saw your thread on TOC about the wrong car getting imported, must feel well gutted :unsure:

Not sure, but have never seen a Glanza with that interior before, so would be inclined to say it's an uncommon interior.

Although don't quote me on that.

Am sure someone on here will be able to help you out :(

And by the way, bout the wheel, WallaceGlanza has a steering wheel available I do believe.

(look in the wanted section with the thread about a Glanza steering wheel)

Welcome to the site mate.

As Mikey said that is a pretty rare interior, I've only seen it in a couple of other glanza's before (I think it comes in the "lightweight" model instead of recaros sometimes). You might be able to find someone who wants to swap interiors, otherwise theres sometimes normal glanza interiors up for sale from time to time.

As for the steering wheel, again as mikey said i have one for sale if you're interested, you can find the details of it here: http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5176

Enjoy your stay here.<_<

aaah hang on.....lightweight you say??

Is there anywhere where I can read a bit more about these models?

The reason I ask is that it has manual windows which would suggest lightweight instead of the standard electric ones which I thought were in all models?

Are lightweight models rare or just different to normal glanzas?

Cheers for the info

aaah hang on.....lightweight you say??

Is there anywhere where I can read a bit more about these models?

The reason I ask is that it has manual windows which would suggest lightweight instead of the standard electric ones which I thought were in all models?

Are lightweight models rare or just different to normal glanzas?

Cheers for the info

Unfortunately there's no specific information about the "lighweight" model, the general consensus however is that its actually a cheap model, as you have noticed without electric windows, mirrors and no hi/lo boost option (theres normally a button for this on the centre console next to the hazard light button).

So they are a bit rarer but not really any better, although people will try to sell them as being special lightweight versions, whereas they just lack the normal goodies. <_<

Guest Enzo

hello and welcome to the club mate,

make sure you fill in a profile pic and make use of all the features within your profile <_<

those are dedfinatly lightweight glanza seats you have there

this is a lgihtweight glanza

1463220956a3182138255b904900620l.jpg

note the poverty spec wingmirrors that are not electric,

if you open up your bonnet you shouldent have any abs or h low boost solenoid among other things,

so you should have a massive empty space on the left handside of your engine bay where these ancilarys go

these are basicaly poverty spec glanzas pared down for weight, think of a clio cup and you get the idea :unsure:

Thanks guys, from what i've seen about "lightweight/cheap" models they're all this silver/blue

The windows are colourcoded but I'm sure if they're electric as we didnt check, also would someone be able to tell me if the ABS giblets are in the engine bay (see pic) forgive the dirt, but its just rolled off a ship and not had a chance to clean it yet lol

CIMG7369.jpg

I dont think theres any ABS stuff there

Cheers mate

I dont suppose anyone knows how much less these poverty spec models cost compared to a fully loaded glanza?

Trying to get the exporter to cough up for the difference between the cars and also to pay for the damage, so just trying to get an idea of all costs

yep thats a poverty spec mate, they were sold as the cheap versions (so cost less) than the normal fully loaded models, it was basically just a version to cover the real low end of the market, so people could buy one of the turbo's by the cheapest means necessary.

that interior is just a crappy vinyl, but you could get aftermarket seats easily enough, or some from a GT, the stock glanza ones are a bit pants, although they're probably better than the ones you have.