In the cars MOT (February) it got an advisory which was that one of the brake pipes was slightly corroded. Under the car the last day I had a look at it and it's very slight rust but rust nonetheless so to be safe I will just replace all of the copper pipes soon before I give the car a coat of waxoyl (currently not undersealed). I was just wondering how easy it would be to buy the copper pipe and a cutting tool + fittings and doing it myself? If not how many hours roughly would it take a garage to do it?

If you're replacing all the pipes youd be better using braided lines instead off copper pipes, its a good upgrade and doesn't cost much.

If you can do it yourself it doesn't take long because a garage will probably pull your pants down.

I have never touched a copper brake pipe before but if it's an easy job then I should be able to do it no bother. Could you give me a rough idea on what needs to be bought and how to do it.

I can do things like discs, pads, bleeding, suspension components, engine mounts, water pumps, exhaust components........etc pretty much anything as long as I have a rough idea how to do it and some extra time. But yeah may be easier and safer to just get my local mechanic to do it as he only charges £22 and hour.

Last year when I had my corsa this is what I would have done but now I have a half decent car and a child to carry in it I think I will go down the safer route and change them for peace of mind lol. How many hours work is in it roughly?

easy to change the pipes dude. i have a flaring tool, i ripped out all the hard lines, and made all new copper ones, running inside the car. practice a few times first before you make your proper lines.

you will make your money back on the tool and pipes etc by making lines up for your mates. defo a tool worth investing in!

To be brutally honest, if you dunno what your doing i wouldnt bother. You need to make the right style of flares and make sure there a good seal, then bleed the system properlly ect. How good are you with DIY mechanics ect.? Not a dig or anythibg but if you dont know anything technical wise i wouldnt risk it.

this should be noted as it is very good advise, :thumbsup:

back on topic tho i run full braided lines with the abs removed and it cost me about £250 to do,