• 3 weeks later...
Most cost effective way and reliable would be a Manual boost controller. if you have the cash bundle an Electronic boost controller along with a strong actuator.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought when boost is electronically controlled it would be more reliable as you don't get spikes in boost?

You can turn up boost effectivly to these figures:

12 PSI with Top Mountered Intercooler, why I say this is because when you turn up boost you make the turbo work harder, and thus the engine also so your generating alot more heat, so the factory intercooler is not suited well for high boost volumes by it' slocation and size. so it's recomended if your flowing more then 12 psi to upgrade to a larger intercooler either TMIC (RX7, ARC) or best to go with FMIC.

14PSi is the factory fuel cut, and the safe limit (well 14psi on my car), so anything undeer there really, as the ECU will accoedimate for fueling, igntion timing and everything.

Other items may have to come into play when turning up boost, bigger fuel pump, may need to get a stronger actuator, as the stk actuator canot regulate boost good after 10PSi.