Oil breather Burning and smoking

Well where you see those cracks, once you take the rings off that piece of metal actually comes off as one chunk like mine below

IMAG0095-2.jpg

Mine was only down on compression on one cylinder but when i took them all out, two of the pistons had the same problem, with a big chunk of the ringland coming off.

I wouldnt really advise driving it as your pistons are going up and down with a chunk of loose metal being held in place literally just becase the cylinder wall is there. If its breaks apart it will score your block and completly ruin your engine.

My block was fine when i inspected it and all it needed was two new standard pistons and then a new set of rings for good measure.

I decided to Forge mine while it was apart but it wasnt cheap, rods and pistons on their own were about £900.

If you want to put it back together standard you can do it for a couple of hundred quid.

Standard pistons you can get on here for next to nothing

You need a head gasket (I have a spare you can have for £30)

New head bolts £30

New piston rings £60 aftermarket for £100 toyota genuine

Hone the bores and deglase £40

but while you have it in bits you might as well put new bottomend bearings in for £80

Have a nice fresh engine then :)

ahh to be honest that price list really dosent sound too bad! i was toying with the idea of putting forged pistons in, idealy id love to forge the lot but i havent got 900 quid at the moment, infact ive got about 9 quid till the end of the month haha.

if youve still got that head gasket lying round at the end of the month ill have that off you, ive got a set of genuine piston rings bookmarked so same goes for those, im a bit sceptical putting it back togeather at the standard spec with it running the td04 and 1bar. might just have to put it back togeather standard then start saving for it to be forged, that was the long term plan in the first place.

cheers for the help and advice! and like i say ill have that head gasket off you if its still around towards the end of the month