HELP needed best way to reslove worn piston ring issues

Read the replies, he says he doesn't know.. Seems like he seen something he didn't like and decided to just fuck the job off eh? Also you said "as I said i couldn't argue as how would have I got the car back without paying the price", you should of just gone round there with a few mates and told him, theres £250 and ill take my car with me! :rolleyes:

he stays quite a bit away from me buddy lol , and it'd only cause more hassle than its worth , all i can do is learn from my mistake and hopefully this stops people from making a costly one like me :)

id be ringing him mate to see what the fuck he is playing at.

ahh fuck it mate its done with now , just learn from it and dont trust anyone with the car again , definetely learned my lesson for sure , just a shame it had to be 500quid as i could had the car back up and runnin for that instead of throwin it away :/

fuck that mate, theres a reason i do all my work myself lol

thats what am doin now too haha ! just wish i'd have spent that 500 getting something actually done instead of it goin backwards , is that a glanza S bonnet you have on your car buddy , i'd kill for one of them ! hahah

no mate its a carbon v bonnet with a reverse scoop, must put up a project thread soon

ahh i see , very nice looking mate is she pushing big power ? :D i need to get a reverse scoop for mines and paint it body colour , as the S bonnets are very rare to come by and that looks to be the closest way of achieving the look !

hybrid at 1bar on emu is all, ya with the reverse scoop i think it looks alot meaner than smooth like the s bonnet

ahh nice , im hoping to be running about 220/230 when im done with mines running td04 , yup i agree with you mate looks alot more agressive yet more subtle than the normal vent , i see a lad on here sold clear reverse scoops , just too late getting on here to get a hold of one , jus my fuckin luck haha ah well ill snatch a reverse scoop when i see someone selling for a descent price :)

ya mate i want to go td04 aswell but im hoping to get a track day done soon and go from there, have new coilys coming aswell and have an oil leak to sort first! does idworkz not have them scoops mate? worth pming him

ahh i see , sounds good mate :) have you traced the leak ? yeah mate im sure he does , but i've pm'd the dude who made the clear scoops as he is closer to home for me , ill see if i hear back then ill look into it :)
  • 1 year later...

I am Iain@CRD and i would just like to set the record straight.

First off the job price was £250 including Labour and ALL PARTS to replace the headgasket and waterpump. I never opted for a quick flip or to make a quick buck on this job or any job, i went to the full extent of stripping the engine out (which i normally charge £150 out, £150 in for) so i can assist a fellow member on getting there car on the road to enjoy.

Secondly, i received the car not running and i was told it was the headgasket that was gone and that was the job to be done, as far as he was concerned there was no other issues with the car... which i need to take his word on as i havent seen or heard it running. The engine was partially stripped already before the car arrived, it was in a sorry state as it appeared the expansion tank has exploded within the engine bay.

I always use Toyota genuine gaskets from the Linwood branch in Paisley, the water pump was a blueprint supplied by my local Dingbro.

As soon as the rebuild and job was complete the car was ran and it had a noticable amount of a smoke exiting the rear exhaust, which appeared to be burning oil. At this stage i phoned the customer immediately and told him the scenario, as this was not included within the original job there was nothing else i could possibly do and offered the option of me stripping it back down to find the issue and resolve it to which he declined.

photo_zps07c9ac47.jpg

photo_zpsa9a4ed4d.jpg

photo_zps8e1c2bbb.jpg

I would like to state that i am not in this business to rip people off and when a customer has a problem i expect them to get in touch, i tried to offer Craig as much help as i possibly could as i felt alot of sympathy for him to have an underlining issue that both of us where unaware of. I never elected to have this job to screw anyone over and i have always tried to be as helpful as i possibly can to every customer as this business is a true passion for me.

I try my absolute best to provide an excellent service and to maintain my reputation within the community, i literally work 3 different jobs aswell as running a business... so to read the above posts has totally gutted me. I dedicate every spare minute within my day to help customers resolve there issues to allow them to enjoy there car.

Glad you posted up Ian to put your side of the story, now it makes a bit more sense. I guess the original query is why he says it cost £500 and not £250? I guess that was the original argument, no offence intended!

Glad you posted up Ian to put your side of the story, now it makes a bit more sense. I guess the original query is why he says it cost £500 and not £250? I guess that was the original argument, no offence intended!

Im glad i noticed this post, i was actually considoring applying to be a trader within this forum when i decided to check up on any previous feedback within this forum as im hardly on it.

Craig paid me in full of £250 and i explained it could be potentially another £250 (issue dependant) to strip the engine back out and try to locate the problem, he must have his wires crossed somewhere. I should have the invoice lying around also which i will dig out.

Edited by beatz