ARP headbolts

does anyone know the torque settings for arp headbolts?? i kno standard headbolt but aint arp different??

also the longer ones go on the inlet side dont they its been a while since iev done them lol

cheers chaps

Edited by rinseep82

From memory it's 3 stages; 20, 40 and 60ft/lb. Definitely double check though, and as mentioned there should be a paper included in the box.

Edit - just checked, and yes it is 3 stages to 60ft/lb.

Cheers chaps I'll get it done tomorrow last time I did it tho I did standard ones to oem specs and one snapped luckily I was able to get it out don't want this happening again is there a reason for this something I did wrong??

Edited by rinseep82
  • 3 weeks later...

I know its old but update so ots acurate for searched info.

Is no 90° turn just three equal stages upto 60ft/lb. if you want to be mega anal then recheck tourque afyer 10 heat cycles. i.e warm up-cool down is 1 cycle.

The 90 degree is after you have reached the desired tourqe after you have reached the top tourqe level you put a degree wheel on your wrench and give them all a 90 degree turn :)

Except on ARP!!! No90° turn dude just stop at 60ft/lb. Like i say can recheck torque after 10cycles if you wish. but no 90° degree turn is used with an arp bolt/stud set!