Brakes rubbing

Just replaced my front discs and pads with grooved discs and ebc pads, my front left seems to be sticking slightly and lets off a burnin smell and a little smoke when driving. Also when i press the brake pedal i can feel it sorta juddering through the pedal itself, feels like i can feel the grooves hitting the pad.. Ive never had grooved before so dont know if its meant to be like that :s

Also i have just looked at the tutorial again and i didnt get any new little metal shim things for the end of the pads? And they were not on there when i took the old ones off :s plus i havent greased anything so could that cause anything?

If you havent greased the pads and they were tight going in the could easily jam. Also make sure the slides on the caliper move freely this could be causing 1 pad to stick on and the burning smell. The juddering could be down to your disc being warped from the heat of them jamming on if thats the case you will need new discs. Dont worry bout the shims just get yourself some copper grease or brake paste on there.