help, coilover seized :(

Car has gone in to have the ksports fitted but due to the offset of my wheel it means im needing some spacers but in order to get the spacer on and have enough room in between the arch and tyre im going to have to raise it up at the front slightly but as per usual nothing ever goes to fucking plan and the garage have just rang to say they cant budge my near side coilover to adjust it :(

They have tried various fluids and even a bit of heat but nothing :(

Does any one have any tips/ideas?

Edited by mattyD

Tell them to take it off and lather it in wd40 over night. spray more on in the morning. hold it really well in a vice or put it back on the car.

Then use a large screw driver and hammer to knock the lock ring around. keep applying wd and you do it and it should go. then work the height adjuter ring as well and make sure to use a fair amount of copper grease. worth doing this every so often especially if driven in shit weather or as a daily

Tell them to take it off and lather it in wd40 over night. spray more on in the morning. hold it really well in a vice or put it back on the car.

Then use a large screw driver and hammer to knock the lock ring around. keep applying wd and you do it and it should go. then work the height adjuter ring as well and make sure to use a fair amount of copper grease. worth doing this every so often especially if driven in shit weather or as a daily

lol, sounds good to me dude :) to be fair im not even sure if they have put any force behind it in the form of a hammer etc, i think from the way they described they havent moved on from trying with the c spanners :wacko:

i did sort of say spray a shit load of wd40 on it an leave it over night then see what happens in the morning :)

hmmmmmm this is what i was thinking, your going to need a bit of an impact on the lock ring to get to to move i spose?

i just hope they have used a bit of initiative and put something on it to soak over night :) he is a good mechanic so im sure he would have done something

cheers anyway mate :)