Been asked before but its started doing it alot more now!

When i de-accelerate my car decided to chuck out either blue/white smoke out it did it a few month back but it seems to do it more now my car hasnt been used for about a month and when i got it in yesterday it started doing it,does anyone have any ideas what it might be,im a bit worried my turbo might be on its way out!

Also what petrol am i ment to be using in it?

Normal or vpower or 98 above?

Thanx

Blue smoke is oil burning,could indicate different probs,best case senario it's the oil seals on the turbo.Worst case it could be engine wear,valve stem seals etc.

Probably the turbo seals tho.

Petrol wise don't use 95RON fuel as you will damage the engine! Use at least super unleaded/v power or tesco 99RON. Japs have 100 RON fuel so the cars are mapped for it,i use tesco 99RON in mine with no issues as it's closest to the jap fuel.

;) Well thats possibly a knackered engine then! Which aint cheap to fix!

Under the top mount on the right of the rocker cover is where the pcv valve is,cant miss it,it's quite big.Only £20 from toyota for a new one so could be a cheap fix.

http://www.turbotechnics.com/docs/turbo/faults.htm

http://www.turbotechnics.com/docs/turbo/tips.htm

best bet would to be check the pcv valve isnt clogged with crap, take the breather pipes off, and wash them out.

if that fails, get a compression test done on the head.

Could be valve stem seals shot or something else, but if its not the pcv valve, and it only puffs out smoke on decelleration/vacum then id have thought the head has something wrong with it.