Fan works, but no heat, and cant change which vent air comes from.

As in the title, my Fan works, but theres no heat regardless of where the knob is turned to, and cant change which vent air comes from, its constantly out the main vents facing the cab.

I looked in behind the controls to check the cables were all connected and moving, they are.

Any idea what this could be?

has this just started or been like it a while, the cables could have came off the other end. on the valve for the temperature, and on the flap for the direction controls.

have you checked your water level. if you have a leak and your coolants very low then you wont have any heat as thers no water to transfer it around

i think only 98 specs were electric, im not sure but i think there all under the dash, you will have to stick your head under the dash and try follow it with your hand i guess. and like he said try blow or flush out the heater matrix, but u will need to bleed/topup the coolant system afterward obviously

Yea my 96 spec is manual controls. Its the ones with climate control that are electronic.

ill try flushing out the matrix, where are the pipes leading to the matrix in the engine bay?

cheers

There the two smaller pipes leading into the bulkhead just behind and below the throttle body roughly, they come from the side of the engine near the thermostat.

P.s if the valve is closed and you cant open it becoz the cables disconnected, flushing it wont work, so might be worth locating that aswel to try working it as someone flushes it.

Edited by morgey