Black smoke out of exhaust

My starlet is a poorly car at the moment she has suspected piston ring failure and is chucking out black smoke from the exhaust on start up and when she is running. The turbo has been pulled off and there is oil in cylinder 4 all off the others were fine. Im going to compression test her when i get round to it. She wasn't down on power when it happened but just started chucking out smoke and still seems ok (I dont drive it for obvious reasons) I started to think that it could be valve stem seals? But more likely to be the rings.

I know this has probably been asked tonnes before but has anybody had similar symtoms to the above?

Many Thanks

Brad

It was idling just under 2k after it happened. doesnt seem too bad under load.

Current spec below

Standard internals

CT9 Hybrid

Greddy emanage blue ecu

magnecor leads

turbo back exhaust

fmic

induction kit

Thats all i can remember right now should be sitting around 180-200 at the min hasnt been on a rr yet.

I cant remember if she has a fpr i will have to double check.

My mistake sorry the car was originally rr when the ecu was fitted I was thinking about my other car doh tuning developments done the work couple of years ago

my old v used to bellow out black smoke when i booted it and came on boost hard its was overfueling that much you could put a lighter to the back box and the fuel would set on fire coming out the back never ran bad thow and compression was fine ect

My mistake sorry the car was originally rr when the ecu was fitted I was thinking about my other car doh tuning developments done the work couple of years ago

Suddenly started doing this 1 morning?

Or progressivly got worse and worse?

Idle is a bit high tbh!

It only started to idle high once it started smoking it would normally idle just over 1k. The smoke wasnt noticeable at all I was with my mate driving round and it started chucking it out when we pulled up at some lights Confusing one I know lol

Bloke smoke is indicated as fuel.

Blue smoke is oil.

If you've got a high idle, and assuming everything else is ok, you must be burning oil which is why it idles high. Could be valve stem seals.