Temporary Pcv valve bypass?

yeah plug up the inlet manifold end of the pipe with a bolt or screw, then stick a odd piece of fuel pipe i say fuel pipe as its a good fit but whatever pipe will fit into the rocker cover where the pcv was, have it facing down in the engine bay so it vents the oil onto the road not all over your engine bay this will get you by temporarly till you can cough up the ridicouloious cost of another pcv valve

just so you know dont destroy the grommet left in the rocker cover as that is seperate from the pcv valve and will cost you more to replace

Edited by russ78

Will this be safe though as I hear removing these Pcv valves is a lot more dangerous than people think as they do an important job

Or something?

N ah shit I forgot about that, had to destroy it to get the valve out they both broke into like 8 pieces lol, I've asked iddy to order me both anyway :)

this will be fine as a temporary fix till you get your new pcv valve,

as for it not being safe many people gut the pcv valve and run direct to a catch can so you will be fine, i myself ran the car as normal without a pcv for over a week when my pcv valve fell to pieces as well

bear in mind race spec rocker covers dont even have a pcv valve !!

Edited by russ78