toyota and daihatsu

Hey everyone

Just a quick question.

Does any body know if these company share the same engine and parts?

I know they are sister companies (correct me if I'm wrong), I was in toyota museum in japan and saw daihatsu and lexus cars in there too.

My wife wants to get a toyota bB but I said we can get a daihatsu materia for about £2000 cheaper. Both look amost the same. just the front bumper and grill different, also the rear reflector strip?

Both has 1.5 engine. Toyota has VVTi written on the engine plastic cover and daihatsu has 16v twin cam on the plastic cover. So I was wondering if anyone know if they shared the same engine and parts?

I would stick to toyota because it's A toyota and I like toyota, but is it worth £2000 extra and jap import instead of UK car?

been told that the bB shares the same parts are the yaris.

Thanks for the reply

But the thing is. both are at the same price. Daihatsu has 20k on the clock and toyota has 62k on the clock. The chap doesn't even know if that is just UK miles or if it's combined km/h or mph.

Does anyone know where I can get a new shape bB? MK II

Edited by ilghap

daihatsu are owned by toyota iirc. The Bb isnt released here as far as i know, so it may be a good idea to get in touch with some importers and see what they say?

/>http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/japan%20car/toyota/bb/ theres a few there.

Thought about the nissan cube as well?