Rev counter not working. Help

Plug not connected or fuse blown?

What mods u got, deeerty ricer tacho? Or an ecu or piggy back that may also use the signal?

Have you had the clocks out for anything resently?

More info the better ;)

Lol no mate no dirty ricer tacho and no mod apart from turbo timer. I have taken the clocks out and made sure all connected at back and checked for any loose wiring but all seems 2 be in order. The fuse for it is located under the steering wheel? As I have had a look there and seems 2 be fine.

The clocks were more than likely taken apart at beginning of this year as the car was imported then.

Would it be a sensor? And if so where would I find it?

Thanks

Ahh ok, yep fuse is under the steering wheel, worth checking them with a multimeter as sometimes u cant tell if theyve blown.

Not sure if the signal comes straight from the distributer or if it goes through the ecu 1st

Theres also the fusebox in the engine bay but I dont know what in there could affect it.

The only other thing is a bad earth or the stepper motor for the counters fubar'd. I have got a set paseo dials in bits you could have the motor from them if you want to try it?

Ahh ok, yep fuse is under the steering wheel, worth checking them with a multimeter as sometimes u cant tell if theyve blown.

Not sure if the signal comes straight from the distributer or if it goes through the ecu 1st

Theres also the fusebox in the engine bay but I dont know what in there could affect it.

The only other thing is a bad earth or the stepper motor for the counters fubar'd. I have got a set paseo dials in bits you could have the motor from them if you want to try it?

Oh ok, think I might have 2 try that as they seem 2 look ok by eye. And it's just the rpm needle that's got the prob so would that be the motor most prob if not the fuse. Is it straight forward job 2 change the motor? N thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated.

I had a problem with the clock light aswel and seems 2 b a loose connection because when give it a whack it sorts itself out lol. Think that would have had anything 2 do with it?

Yeah worth ago but like you say if the rest are working its prob not a fuse. If your clocks dodgy could possibly be an earth but I doubt they use the same one.

The motor isnt too bad to change but I did break part of the plastics that spread the light across the dials on mine :/