Toyota Glanza V (TD04) PRICE DROP £3,200 ONO NEED THIS GONE

I know i have no comeback, thats not what im posting for, nor do i want some form of reimbursement. I did toy with the idea of even mentioning this, but at the end of the day, if either of these two guys post something up for sale, its best to be wary.

I know i bought the car, but i bought it on the basis of the faults i could see, and determine myself. But when your asked, anything else i should know? And they say no? Pretty low.

That is all.

Just making people aware should you or dom advertise anything, to be wary. Its quite clear things were hidden away from potential buyers.

Hang on, don't get me involved, I haven't had nothing to do with the car or your buying experience, so don't try and give me a bad reputation for fuck all.

To be quite frank, if the wheel bearings where that fucked you would have heard them, you was aware of the wiring issue with the ecu, and the ABS light was clear to see on the dashboard.

You could have asked for interior pics? Then you would have seen for yourself the condition that it is in.

If there is anyone that should be even remotely blamed it should be TD considering they done the work on the car, do you not think? I doubt Dom even drove the car for anymore than 2000 miles since he had it.

If you wasn't happy with what had gone on once you had got home, why didn't you contact Dom and say that the wheel bearings are failing, can you please provide £40 compensation?

Edited by AdamB

You vouched for the car did you not?? I wasnt aware of the wiring issue UNTIL I GOT THERE, dom explained it would be a 5 minute job his "burd" apparantly put too much stuff in the glove box and closed it, and ever since there was an issue "but it wouldnt be very hard to fix at all", actually turned out to be two hours, then there was the purge valve, the incorrectly mounted engine (that wasnt too major by the way), and the ABS didnt come on until i was over an hour away, so it was obvious to me someone had switched it off manually without fixing the problem!

I did ask for interior pics! VIA TEXT! I didnt get them, all i got told was, car is immaculate....other potential buyers asked for photos of interior in this thread, and they didnt get them, i went on the guys word for travelling down there......your clearly not getting the point of my thread......

40 quid? where you getting these prices? dont forget the labour time of a mechanic to fix it!

The wiring all in, has to come to four hours labour.

40 quid compensation.....hahaha, only if you knew the bill that im left with. But its not the money im bothered about. Its the principal of lying about the car in the first place.

Point is boy knew i was travelling from Glasgow to meet him, he could have gave me a better heads up, simple as that, i got there and i knocked a few hundred quid off for the issues i could see, returned, straight to garage, and theres a mountain of issues needing sorted that you cant just tell straight off by looking at. Thats my point...

Not takeing anyone side here.,

But if i was travelling 8hours to view a 16year old car with no mechanical experience i would of took someone with me that did.

At the end of the day these cars are getting on now and even if someone says its in mint condition i would never take there word for it because it might be mint to them but not me we all have different views on things!

As Adam as said you sould of tryed sorting something out with Dom befor slandering him if you had no joy then maybe shot a thread up.

I understand it must be frustrating but you did by the car sold as seen.

You vouched for the car did you not?? I wasnt aware of the wiring issue UNTIL I GOT THERE, dom explained it would be a 5 minute job his "burd" apparantly put too much stuff in the glove box and closed it, and ever since there was an issue "but it wouldnt be very hard to fix at all", actually turned out to be two hours, then there was the purge valve, the incorrectly mounted engine (that wasnt too major by the way), and the ABS didnt come on until i was over an hour away, so it was obvious to me someone had switched it off manually without fixing the problem!

I did ask for interior pics! VIA TEXT! I didnt get them, all i got told was, car is immaculate....other potential buyers asked for photos of interior in this thread, and they didnt get them, i went on the guys word for travelling down there......your clearly not getting the point of my thread......

40 quid? where you getting these prices? dont forget the labour time of a mechanic to fix it!

The wiring all in, has to come to four hours labour.

40 quid compensation.....hahaha, only if you knew the bill that im left with. But its not the money im bothered about. Its the principal of lying about the car in the first place.

Point is boy knew i was travelling from Glasgow to meet him, he could have gave me a better heads up, simple as that, i got there and i knocked a few hundred quid off for the issues i could see, returned, straight to garage, and theres a mountain of issues needing sorted that you cant just tell straight off by looking at. Thats my point...

Like I said, the car was good when I see it which was a few months ago, and as far as i'm aware it has been sat there since!

Not being funny but if you was "refused pictures" did that not ring alarm bells?

No your right I don't gethe point of the thread, your slagging Dom off which could have been sorted by contacting him instead of bringing it up on here, you could have politely asked him if he would help you out, and now your slagging me off and trying to give me a bad reputation?

Mate I don't know your experience or who or what you know, wheel bearings are far from an expensive item!

Taking it to one garage might tell you one thing, another garage will tell you something different, how do you even know the wheel bearings needed replacing? Or are you just going by what this garage have told you?

I'm not sticking up for Dom, as I have clearly said you could have asked him for some money back or to pay for the wheel bearings or pay an hours labour etc etc.

There is no need to start slagging people off unless you have tried to make contact with the seller, as Micky has said, these cars are old and no where near mint, you had your own opinion on that and Dom had his, I have mine etc etc.