looking for some advise on a few things i want to spray my car myself i will be going for a pearl white now ive only ever rattle canned a few things before would it be idiotic to try spray a whole car?

few other things am wondering is

1.i want to delete the hole for the antenna and the door bump strip groves whats the best way to do this? i assume weld a plate for the antenna but for the bump strips am not 100% sure ive been told just filler but that seems like a hell of alot of filler when ive always been under the impression u should use as little as possible.

when it comes to the paint work i no taking out all the windows is ideal but since i live in the middle of nowhere it would cost an absolute bomb to get a windscreen company to come out and remove the window is this realy needed?

2.my understanding of pearl is u get the whole car perfect lay down the primer ( few coats) then flat than down then lay down a base colour ( few coats) then flat that then lay down the pearl till your happy with it do u then flat it again and and clear it?

3.ill be borrowing a mates compressor so i plan to get a set of guns ( one for primer one for the rest) but is there any air powered tools i could get to make my life easier that dont cost a fortune?

4.spray the whole car any idea how many litres of paint ill need making sure i have extra for any mistakes i make

any help be great

cheers shaun

Cant help with the door grooves mate but you can paint a car by just masking everything up its the way most inexpensive jobs are done obv its best to remove as many parts as possible but the windscreen and other windows can be masked would be good to remove door windows and the rubber seals.

realy want the door strips gone but ill just need to wait and see the whole car should be just striped to a bare shell and ill be doing the engine bay a different colour it seems easy todo when your talking about it watch when i start it ill just be on here in a bad moan complaining about what an idoit i am for starting it :p found a few shades i like going to order some samples and see what its like out in the sun

i was looking at a candy white with a silver pearl or possibly aslight blue but cant decided if it might be tacky hard to tell looking online only way is to get a sample in the light

The bump strips on the door i would say fill them, can see any easier way of doing it, they wont need too much filler.

The windows come out pretty easy with some cheese wire, there easy enough to put back in too, but like others are say u can just mask the windows up and take the door windows out.

Pearls and candy paint are alot harder to work with so im told, (im just a panel beater not a painter)

make sure u get a water trap for the compressor, u dont want water dripping onto your paint, also get urself a dual action sander, its alot easier than rubbing down by hand, dont rush the job, make sure everything is perfect before u start painting, the key to a good paint job is the prep work.

yea the prep work is going to be the hard part me thinks once thats done a little practise with paintgun and i think ill be fine. am in to rush to get it done so ill have plenty of time to get it exactly how i want