Seatbelt unclipping itself?

Hey guys, so i've got my MOT next week ( I swear the car knows and tries to wind me up! ) and suddenly my drivers seatbelt randomly unclips itself. Sometimes it takes a few good attempts to get it to actually stay in, and once it does it's not gauranteed to stay there! Is there something I can do to sort this? My dad mentioned something about a spring, but it's always good to get advice before taking it apart.

Kind regards,

Mike

Maybe try cleaning out the inside of it? A mate of mine has to steam clean his but only does it a little as he stuggles to get the seatbelt into the clip and takes a good few times.

Does the red bit spring up when the clip is put in? Spray some wd40 in it and spring it up n down with your fingers it should be ok

If not just get a replacement from n N/A, get the nylon + spring washers too

Cheers guys, will get a chance to look at this tomorrow. The red button piece only seems to pop right up when the seatbelt seems most likely to stay connected, does this suggest what the problem is at all?

On both my N/As the red bit would just get stuck down when the clip was put in, had to take the clip out n in again a few times then it would lock....sprayed some wd40 in it n it was grand

On both my N/As the red bit would just get stuck down when the clip was put in, had to take the clip out n in again a few times then it would lock....sprayed some wd40 in it n it was grand

Did that Wd40 bit on mine too. All works lovely now since i did it.

I sprayed mine today with break cleaner, then a lubricant. Seems my old man has "borrowed" my WD40 again! Working much better now, it did miss after me trying it loads of times, but I think it's on the mend! Cheers guys!