Just finished helping my mate with his TD04 conversion (jealous :()

When we took it out a run it seems to be creeping quite badly.

At around 3-4k boost holds at 0.6 bar, then after about 5k it keeps getting higher and higher.

He did have slight creep on his ct9 setup, even after porting the wastegate.

Any ideas?

Edited by Weyro

The TD04 shouldnt get any creep on the 4efte, the wastegate is more than adequate. If its creeping its going to be a problem with your actuator setup controlling your wastegate.

What actuator are you using and how have you mounted it? I had to make a custom bracket for mine but i always used to get problems holding boost properly. Didnt sort its self out until i got a boost controller to actively manage the wastegate.

Its an HKS adjustable from his CT9 setup, used the standard bracket but drilled an extra hole in it.

He has an ebc, but it still creeps even with it plumbed in.

Yeah thats what i did on mine, if its still creeping even with an EBC then i am pritty certain its going to be an actuator problem, the wastegate is big on the TD04 so the ebc should be able to open close the wastegate to control it no problem. If its creeping up its because your actuator isnt opening your waste gate enough on boost.

Does the actuator have full reach to open/close the wastegate? You may need to rejig the mounting postion of the actuator, if that still doesnt work I would consider getting a replacement actuator made for a td04 or consider an external wastegate if funds allow.

Edited by Taggy