Right guys, ive got my parcel shelf, my stereo plates (still no screws :( ), and i found some old speakers i had in my last starlet that are light a 3 way setup (not 6x9) so gonna see if thery still work just to get me by, and i have my fly amp for when i get my 6x9's.

What stereo adapter cable do i need? does it depend on the stereo?

im not getting a dear head unit maybe £60 or something, pioneer or JVC maybe.

Anyone got any thoughts or advice?

no all iso cables just covnvert the manufaturer plugs to all be the same for after market stereo's so as long as you get thr right one for the car you should be fine infact think i have one somewhere from a gt.

I'm pretty sure all new head units come with an ISO adapter. Worth checking to see if your car loom still has the ISO plugs as some times they get cut off when people bodge the installation.

UPDATE:

well i went and bought the stereo i said i would and im pretty impressed! got it for £60 from halfords :)

i then bought the ISO lead which was £15 instore but i jumped on the phone and reserved it and 2 mins later got it for £4 :)

so i got home and wired it all up and found my under dash speakers work :) and well! so im pretty pleased!

so i also bought a Vibe 1500W amp wiring kit which i will try do tomoz and then see about 6x9's..

oh and the screws for the stereo plate at M5 15mm :)

I just got myself a new Pioneer head unit and lead from the Halfords website. Reserved them both. Strangly enuf the head unit i got is brand new release too. Same as my Sony was before which i now got spare. And i found out i didnt need the extra lead like the site said as there was one in the box. So i took the lead back got my money back. So you do need to check if it really needs a lead, like mine didnt. lol. So i now got a full Pioneer system too which sounds lovely

Edited by metalmickey0