poor idle only when engines warm

My gt has been playing up the last few days idleing at around 500 rpm i have everything changed the icv to find out it only plays up when warm am i right in thinking this is leading to either air intake temperature sensor or a coolant temperature sensor? I will be replacing both these sensors as soon as i get to toyota but hoping someone has experienced this before

any info would be great help

thanks steve

STARLETS HAVE A TENDENCY TO IDLE A LOWER IN HOTTER CLIMATES, I DONT KNOW WHY ITS ODD, I THINK ITS because NORMALLY IN JAPAN THE AC WOULD BE ON, AND THE ECU WOULD BE UPPING THE IDLE FOR THAT SO WOULDNT NOTICE.

IMO THE IDLE SHOULD BE SET TO ABOUT 1K RPM, I FOUND THIS IS WHERE THE ENGINE ALWAYS IDLED SMOOTHEST, AND STOPS IT FROM POTENTIALLY STALLING,

IN THE SUMMER WITH THE IDLE SET AT 1K, IT WILL DROP TO BETWEEN 7-800 RPM, THIS IS FINE,

AGAIN THIS IS ALL FROM EXPERIENCE, I DONT THINK ITS ANYTHING TO WORRY ABOUT, OR START REPLACING ALL SORTS OF SENSORS OVER.

Over fueling when the engine is up to temp?

Dose it sort it self out when you give the throttle a quick rev on the spot?

Whats you plugs like? i had the same problem on my old V and when i took the plugs out and give them a clean it would sort it self out untill they where in for abit then it would start doing it again!!!

I changed the Gap on the plugs and it seemed to sort it out

Edited by micky boy

I do no what you mean with the running lower have noticed it over the years now but this is pretty extreme loss of revs detfo something playing up!

Yea changed the icv

its wierd drives spot on other than when slowing to a stop then starts to drop off sometimes it will correct itself or even be fine!

Plugs where a bit shitty nothing major tho cleaned them up but not really much difference

will have a play with a few sensors tomorrow and check fuel pressure

cheers for the help lads will update when i find the problem :)

After a long weekend of tinkering and changing sensors cars seems to be ok will be taking it for a good spin to make sure, but it seems like the lambda sensor may have been at fault had to be the last sensor i replaced aswell lol, i thought the EML would have flagged this up when i flash tested it :s anyway hopefully its sorted and can concentrate getting ready for trax :) also treated it to a lsd gearbox over the weekend over the moon :) thanks for ya input guys

steve